More than 260 participants gathered on North Seattle College’s campus on Saturday, May 21, for the third annual Latin American Women Symposium. The symposium’s mission is to promote a support network among Latinas and their communities, to strengthen the talents of Latina immigrants, and to develop their social leadership skills.
Two student scientists, Danielle Bissonette and Jessie Delight, are literally digging into the history of North Seattle College’s campus landscape, having identified a layer of volcanic ash on the campus which dates from the eruption of Mount Mazama (Crater Lake) in Oregon, more than 7600 years ago.
Nelnet Business Solutions service for deferred payment plans is currently not available. The college is working to restore availability, which will require two to five business days. Please check our website homepage for updates on service availability. Thank you for your patience.
For the last few years, Spring Quarter has signaled mural making on campus. In keeping with the tradition, art faculty member Kelda Martensen and the 15 students in her mural art class are producing original artwork on a College Center Building exterior wall during April, May and June. The winning design from the recent artist call for submissions—a depiction of magnified mosses and lichens—is the work of natural science illustrator Angela Mele.
The deputy director of the National College Promise Campaign and five state legislators will be on the North Seattle College campus Tuesday, May 3, for a special panel discussion on free tuition at community colleges.
Hosted by North’s Student Leadership, the event will bring James Schuelke, deputy director of the National College Promise Campaign, to participate in a forum with:
At their April 14 meeting, the Seattle College District Board of Trustees conferred emeritus status on four North Seattle College community members as well as others from around the district, acknowledging their significant contributions to the district’s values of service, excellence, diversity and effective leadership. North employees recognized with emeritus status are faculty member Robert Schuessler and staff members Jack Bautsch, Tom Braziunas and Marci Myer.
Taking evening classes? Have questions about advising, registration, financial aid, testing, vets services, evening degrees? Get help from Student Development Services Evening Manager Jim Armstrong.
You can find Jim on the second floor of the College Center Building in the ARRC (Admissions and Registration) office. Evening Support Services Hours are M-TH, 4:30 PM-6:30 PM.
Or call/email: (206) 934-3692
Shannon Meyer is a former student at North who is currently enrolled at the University of Washington Seattle, working toward departmental honors in social anthropology with a minor in diversity and disability studies. As she explains, her education here at North made a significant difference in her life, “North Seattle College has given me the opportunity to live up to my own expectations and overcome poverty in pursuit of my education. I couldn’t have accomplished these goals without the encouragement, support, education and life-long friendships I found at North.”
- Arts, Humanities & ABE
- Art Department
- Business, Engineering, & IT
- Mix, Mingle and Meet Engineering Professionals
- New Entrepreneur Success Center Provides Support for Small Business Owners
- Learn Skills to Jump-start Your Own Business in NSCC’s Entrepreneurship Certificate Program
- North Seattle Community College Launches 3-D Building Information Modeling Program
- NSCC Instructor a Leader in Open Educational Resources
- Continuing Education
- Diversity Advisory Committee
- Education Fund
- Recent updates to Chrome may cause issues with Canvas courses
- North e-Learning Support Center wishes you and your family a peaceful and inspiriting break!
- Is your Spring 2013 class using our new LMS: canvas?
- Canvas an exciting new Learning Management System “LMS”
- Spring is coming – e-Learning courses will fit into your busy schedule
- Financial Aid
- Health & Human Services
- International Programs
- IT Services
- Math, Science, & Social Science
- Goodwill Basic Computer Classes return to the OCEE
- Discount Bus Passes Available Here - Inquire at Front Desk
- Health Insurance Application Assistance is Available in the OCE&E (this building)
- WELCOME to the Opportunity Center for Education & Employment (OCE&E)
- Public Health Nurse On-Site in DSHS office (2nd fl)
- Student Activities
- Student Administrative Council
- Student Leadership & Multicultural Program
- Veterans Services
- Wellness Center
- Women's Center