A message from North Seattle College President Dr. Warren Brown on honoring the students whose lives were lost in the Aurora Bridge accident as well as to support those who were injured:
After the tragic accident last week, North Seattle College has received an outpouring of messages, consolences and offers of support for our students—from well-wishers both locally and from around the world. We have been asked how people can help, so a site has been set up to receive financial contributions. Please go here to donate and thank you for your caring response.
All proceeds will go directly to supporting and assisting students and staff involved in the accident.
North Seattle College is working with the City of Seattle to provide more information and services to families of those who were killed and injured in the bus accident on Thursday, Sept. 24.
If you are seeking information about whether a loved one may have been hospitalized as a result of the crash on the Aurora Avenue Bridge in Seattle on Sept. 24, please call 1-206-421-3200. The line will be open 24 hours.
To view this information in multiple languages, please visit:
UPDATE: 7 p.m., September 27, 2015
The EcoChallenge is an annual event provided by the Northwest Earth Institute that challenges people to choose one action to reduce their environmental impact and stick with it for two weeks. Join the NSC team and pick a category—water, trash, energy, food, transportation or civic engagement—then set a goal that makes a difference for you and the planet. EcoChallengers accrue points for engagement, and your total points will increase your odds of winning fun raffle prizes!
Vice President for Instruction Kristen Jones and North Seattle College President Warren Brown recently announced the hiring of nine tenure-track faculty who are starting their positions in Fall Quarter 2015. The instructors are a diverse group, assuming teaching assignments in a cross-section of programs within the college. To introduce these individuals to campus constituents and potential students, we share about them below through their own answers to several questions.
Gregory Tessensohn, director of North Seattle College’s Office of Veterans Services, is representing North at two fairs this fall for soldiers transitioning out of the military. The first is the Service Member for Life Summit September 24 at Joint Base Lewis-McChord. The second is the Veterans Career and Education Readiness Fair October 16 at the Jackson Federal Building.
- Arts, Humanities & ABE
- Art Department
- Business, Engineering, & IT
- Mix, Mingle and Meet Engineering Professionals
- New Entrepreneur Success Center Provides Support for Small Business Owners
- Learn Skills to Jump-start Your Own Business in NSCC’s Entrepreneurship Certificate Program
- North Seattle Community College Launches 3-D Building Information Modeling Program
- NSCC Instructor a Leader in Open Educational Resources
- Continuing Education
- We the Jury: Curating Continuing Education’s Summer Quarter 2015 Student Art Show
- No Pressure: A Ceramics Pug Mill & Sustainability
- The Sticks and Stones of Bullying: What Everyone Should Know
- Be Prepared! What You Need to Know About the TOEFL/IELTS Test Preparation
- Investigation and Discovery: Beb C. Reynol on Documentary Photography
- Diversity Advisory Committee
- Education Fund
- Recent updates to Chrome may cause issues with Canvas courses
- North e-Learning Support Center wishes you and your family a peaceful and inspiriting break!
- Is your Spring 2013 class using our new LMS: canvas?
- Canvas an exciting new Learning Management System “LMS”
- Spring is coming – e-Learning courses will fit into your busy schedule
- Financial Aid
- Health & Human Services
- International Programs
- IT Services
- Math, Science, & Social Science
- Smoke-Free Campus Starting in Fall 2015
- Discount Bus Passes Available Here - Inquire at Front Desk
- Need Training? OCE&E Resource Area Staff Can Connect You With Programs and Funding
- ORCA LIFT Cards Available Here - discounted transit cards for low-income individuals
- Seattle Goodwill can help you go to college! Enroll now for Community College 101
- Student Administrative Council
- Veterans Services
- Women's Center