“This lecture will explore the origins of ISIS/ISIL, how they developed, and why they do not represent Muslims and Islam. It will also explore the negative impacts of Islamophobia.
Applications for this year's Students of Color Conference are now available!
Friday Night Fun is an activity designed to build more sense of community in North Seattle College community members.
The Roy Flores Wellness Center, in collaboration with Safety and Security and Student Leadership, is pleased to offer all students, staff and faculty a FREE 3 day Self Defense workshop! These classes will take place on the following dates (you can choose one day or all three!):
Thursday, March 5th: 12:30-2 pm
Friday, March 13th: 11 am- 12:30 pm
Friday, March 20th: 12-1:30 pm
To REGISTER for this workshop, email email@example.com with your name and dates you wish to attend.
We are also proud to present a FREE 3 day YOGA workshop! Same deal- choose one day or all three. No registration is required.
Friday, February 27th: 12-1:15 pm
Friday, March 6th: 2-3:15 pm
Friday, March 13th: 4-5:15 pm
The 25th Annual Students of Color Conference, Moments to Movements, will be happening in Yakima, WA, Thursday-Saturday April 23-25, 2015. Applications can be picked up in the Student Leadership and Multicultural Programs office (CC1446).
All students (of any identity) who will be enrolled Spring Quarter are invited to apply. All registration costs, accommodations and transportation will be covered by the Student Leadership and Multicultural Programs department for those students selected to attend.
INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY
March is Women’s History Month and North is celebrating! Join the Feminist Alliance and NSC’s Women’s Center as we honor the women of the world for International Women’s Day. Students from all backgrounds are encouraged to participate!
Prepare a poster board display highlighting women of current or historical importance in a country or community. No movie or pop stars please. Think of local leaders, social activists, political leaders, educators, etc.
Suggest songs from a wide variety of cultures.
Provide food from different countries.
International Women’s Day will be celebrated at NSC on Thursday, March 5th from 11am to 2pm. We will provide materials and guidance for creating displays.
Got Questions? Want to get involved? Please email Fred at firstname.lastname@example.org
Look here for FULL DETAILS, including Special Guest Speaker Dr. Quintard Taylor!
Faculty and Staff pick up your FREE copy at the TLC or at the Library's Reference Desk.
Students pick up your FREE copy at the Library's Reference Desk.
BOOK DISCUSSION SCHEDULE
Seattle Goodwill can help you go to college! Enroll now for Community College 101 - registration EXTENDED to February 6th!
Community College 101 will give you the preparation and support you need to successfully complete a community college job training program. If interested call or email now to schedule an intake with Sauntia Griffin at 206-853-3117 or Sauntia.Griffin@seattlegoodwill.org.
Enrolling now for Spring quarter!
Find out if you are eligible for funding and sign-up for an orientation at www.startnextquarter.org. Or call us at (206)934-3787 or stop by the Workforce Education Office located on the 2nd floor of the Opportunity Center for Employment and Education (OCE&E) building, room 240.
- Art News
- Building Community
- Cashiering Display
- Continuing Education
- Diversity Advisory Committee
- Education Fund
- Recent updates to Chrome may cause issues with Canvas courses
- North e-Learning Support Center wishes you and your family a peaceful and inspiriting break!
- Is your Spring 2013 class using our new LMS: canvas?
- Canvas an exciting new Learning Management System “LMS”
- Spring is coming – e-Learning courses will fit into your busy schedule
- Facilities Operations
- Financial Aid
- Inside North
- International Programs
- IT Services
- IT Services Security Alerts
- Lead Stories
- BOOK OF THE BOUND and CHAIN LETTER OF DEBTORS: book-based and interactive art by Carletta Carrington Wilson in the North Seattle College Library
- Library Closed Sunday & Monday February 15 & 16
- Library Open House and Artist's Reception
- Library Open House Wed Feb 11
- Read about them during halftime -- Seahawks books in the Library
- OCEE Display
- Seattle Goodwill can help you go to college! Enroll now for Community College 101 - registration EXTENDED to February 6th!
- Need help paying tuition? Go to StartNextQuarter.org!
- Compass Test Preparation: Winter Quarter Schedule
- Financial Empowerment Center in the OCE&E can help you reduce debt, improve credit, and increase savings
- Free one-on-one job search assistance for people with low-income or a disability from nonprofit CARES of Washington
- Public Screensaver
- SAC Display Main
- SAC News and Events
- Staff Screensaver
- Student Activities
- Student Leadership
- Teaching and Learning Center
- Veterans Services
- Wellness Center
- Women's Center
- Workforce Education