As John Figge, North Seattle College faculty member says, “As in real estate, so with weather—it’s all location, location, location.” North has a perfect location for collecting useful weather data, and the college has its own fully equipped weather station, up and running at gabriel.northseattle.edu.
If you started out with a lot of intention to complete your education but have lately lost momentum or faced barriers to completion, North Seattle College offers help to keep you on track to finish your certificate or degree. The program is called Completion Coaching, funded through Project Finish Line, a Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation grant.
“What’s the point? Why do I have to take this class for my health care career?” Students often ask these questions about their prerequisite classes. The Healthcare Prerequisite Pathway is helping faculty at North Seattle College make their coursework more relevant for these students through contextualization, which simply refers to efforts by prerequisite faculty to relate what students learn in the classroom to their professional goals.
Watch a video about North's efforts to contextualize course content.
June 13, 2016
Our community, like so many others around the nation and world, is heartbroken and horrified as we struggle to comprehend yesterday’s vicious and senseless attack in Orlando. The attack, the deadliest mass shooting on American soil, claimed the lives of 49 people and left dozens injured. The victims were sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, friends and coworkers, enjoying a night of dancing and fun. Our hearts are with their friends and family, as well as with all the injured.
North faculty members Danielle Blackman (English), Ralph Jenne (math and science) and Vince Offenback (computer science) were among the winners of the University of Washington Computer Science Engineering (CSE) 2015-2016 “Inspirational Teacher” awards. Winners were invited to a banquet on the UW campus May 23.
Phi Theta Kappa held its Spring Induction Ceremony Friday, May 27, to honor all new members from fall 2015 to date. President Warren Brown and staff member Julius Rodriguez spoke.
Congratulations to these North Seattle College scholars!
Congratulations to Amy LaZerte, who was named 2016 Classified Employee of the Year at the recent Service Awards Ceremony. LaZerte is rental coordinator in the Business Office. She was chosen through nominations by fellow employees. LaZerte is recognized for her hard work and dedication to North Seattle College.
More than 260 participants gathered on North Seattle College’s campus on Saturday, May 21, for the third annual Latin American Women Symposium. The symposium’s mission is to promote a support network among Latinas and their communities, to strengthen the talents of Latina immigrants, and to develop their social leadership skills.
- Arts, Humanities & ABE
- Art Department
- Business, Engineering, & IT
- Mix, Mingle and Meet Engineering Professionals
- New Entrepreneur Success Center Provides Support for Small Business Owners
- Learn Skills to Jump-start Your Own Business in NSCC’s Entrepreneurship Certificate Program
- North Seattle Community College Launches 3-D Building Information Modeling Program
- NSCC Instructor a Leader in Open Educational Resources
- Continuing Education
- Diversity Advisory Committee
- Education Fund
- Recent updates to Chrome may cause issues with Canvas courses
- North e-Learning Support Center wishes you and your family a peaceful and inspiriting break!
- Is your Spring 2013 class using our new LMS: canvas?
- Canvas an exciting new Learning Management System “LMS”
- Spring is coming – e-Learning courses will fit into your busy schedule
- Financial Aid
- Health & Human Services
- International Programs
- IT Services
- Math, Science, & Social Science
- Student Activities
- Student Administrative Council
- Student Leadership & Multicultural Program
- Veterans Services
- Wellness Center
- Women's Center