Chancellor Shouan Pan and the Seattle Colleges District Board of Trustees formally honored 15 newly tenured faculty members at the Tenure Recognition Reception on Thursday, March 9, at Seattle Central College. Among those acknowledged were five faculty members from North Seattle College: Alexandra Abeyta, Hugo Alamillo, Charles Eckard, Beth Goss and Zola Mumford. North Seattle College also honors faculty member Stephanie Solomon, who recently received “core status” as a full-time instructor in the Intensive English Program (IEP). “Core Status” is essentially tenure for faculty in the IEP, which is a contract program.
The North Seattle College Library is hosting a timely event with acclaimed journalist Kristen Millares Young on campus Tuesday, May 9—a salon-style discussion about journalism in the age of fake news— “Staying Savvy: Media and Social Movements.”
Students and alumni from Seattle Colleges and other Puget Sound community and technical colleges can meet with representatives from a range of engineering companies at the 2017 Aerospace and Engineering Technologies Job Fair at North Seattle College on Thursday, April 20.
Due to inclement weather, North Seattle College evening classes and events will be canceled and offices closed starting at 5:30 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 27. This includes all classes or events that start on or after 5 p.m.
For information about non-college events and activities scheduled at campus facilities after 5:30 p.m. today, please contact the sponsoring organizations directly.
John Figge, geology faculty member at North Seattle College, notes the newest sign of spring on campus—the Pacific Chorus Frogs:
At this time, North Seattle College is operating on normal class and campus hours today. We are closely watching the weather and will send a notification only if there is a disruption to classes and normal business hours. Travel safe and give extra time for your commute.
Meet one-on-one with Financial Advisors for customized support and learning, free of charge during Financial Literacy Day on Wednesday, Feb. 22, at the Opportunity Center for Employment and Education at North Seattle College.
Students, employees and community members will receive free consultation on:
North Seattle College classes and offices will resume regular hours tomorrow, Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2017. However, if the weather appears to impact regular operations and schedules, we will send information to employees and students using RAVE, the district’s emergency alert system, as soon as a decision is made.
We will NOT send notifications if the weather does not impact our campus.
Please exercise caution when traveling, add extra time to your commute and expect possible road closures or delays.
- Arts, Humanities & ABE
- Art Department
- Business, Engineering, & IT
- Mix, Mingle and Meet Engineering Professionals
- New Entrepreneur Success Center Provides Support for Small Business Owners
- Learn Skills to Jump-start Your Own Business in NSCC’s Entrepreneurship Certificate Program
- North Seattle Community College Launches 3-D Building Information Modeling Program
- NSCC Instructor a Leader in Open Educational Resources
- Continuing Education
- Diversity Advisory Committee
- Education Fund
- Recent updates to Chrome may cause issues with Canvas courses
- North e-Learning Support Center wishes you and your family a peaceful and inspiriting break!
- Is your Spring 2013 class using our new LMS: canvas?
- Canvas an exciting new Learning Management System “LMS”
- Spring is coming – e-Learning courses will fit into your busy schedule
- Financial Aid
- Health & Human Services
- International Programs
- IT Services
- Math, Science, & Social Science
- Student Activities
- Student Administrative Council
- Student Leadership & Multicultural Program
- Veterans Services
- Wellness Center
- Women's Center